Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Passenger's Etiquette

The next time you sit as a passenger in a car, please remember: trust your driver! be gracious! and don't forget to express your gratitude!

If you care about safety, trust your driver. Remain calm even if he/she makes some mistakes or drive badly. You can point it out once, but please stop there.

Let's face the fact, the only person who will bring you safety is the driver. Usually drivers don't intend to get into an accident. If you give him a bad mood or anxiety, perhaps by nagging at him, he may lose concentration. He may miss a turn, or end up in an accident.

Instead, you can ignore or reassure him that it's ok, get him to relax and be more focused. You can suggest that it's ok if he wants to take a rest. Or you can offer to drive if he's tired. But do so carefully, don't hurt his ego.

If your friend is sending a few friends off, and the person on the passenger seat leaves, someone who is sitting at the back should move to the front seat to accompany the driver. He's not a chauffer or taxi driver!

Remember to respect your driver. He may be focusing on the road, but he's got ears. In the first place, he owns the car, and you are not paying him anything.

When you leave, don't forget to express your gratitude.

Don't take advantage of those who has cars, they may be generous, but please don't abuse this privilege.

Off topic: if you borrow your friend's car, please return it with a full tank, perhaps washed as well.

3 comments:

SeaLs said...

Hey Minghan!

I do appreciate and remember your lifts after CG, to Koorong, to Cybercity, to church, to school, to Sunnybanks ....etc!

Miss you bro! Will send you an invitation for my blog - The Globe. =) *hugs

chosenfriend said...

sYlViaAaAAAAAA~~~~~~~

waah, long time no see!!!!! I miss you.. we sure had a great time in Brissie yah :) How did you discover my blog? I hope you weren't traumatised by my Indonesian driving back then :P

don't worry, I didn't post the message because I was angry with some passengers, I don't even drive in Melbourne. Just sharing some lessons learnt throughout the years.

SeaLs said...

I found your blog through Boy's! And wow, looks like the Blogo-wave has hit upon our Brissy mates in Hope huh? Almost everyone that I know there has a blog now!

Keep in touch. I've sent you an invitation to your MSN email.

Miss you loads. =(