Saturday, November 10, 2007

All Things New

Yeah, seems like it's the new buzz word among Christian circles. I just went to a live concert by True Worshippers last night, and the theme was All Things New. Steven Curtis Chapman also wrote a song with the same title. So what's the big deal? After all, the last thing that is new is God himself. And He's the same ancient lightyears ago, today, and forever.

Look at the bright side: compared to God, everything is new :D but cheekiness aside, 2Cor5:17 says that once we are in Christ, then out with the old and in with the new. By God's grace, we are set free from our old ways.

Halfway through the concert, the message hits home. God has been trying to tell me that now I'm experiencing 'All Things New'. New career, new home, new lifestyle, new church, new girlfriend new season. In the past few days, I've been super tired from travelling, with around 4-10hrs spent as a faithful passenger everyday. But God keeps reminding me of the vision of Revelation 21:1-8. One friend once asked me, which group of christians do you belong to? and I replied, "the ones who go to heaven."


There's no time to lose, we have to tell the world about Him! I can't wait to step on the new earth.

2 comments:

Logan Pham said...

very cheeky, very creative, very minghan :)

Write more often mh :)

Anonymous said...

finally minghan :)
Yeah all things new..so beautiful and encouraging. It remonds me of a song lyric "they are new every morning, new every morning. Great is Thy faithfulness O Lord. Great is Thy faithfulness" :)
Nice answer as well.
Have a nice time in KK brother :)
PS. May God use me double portion for evax as you're gone. May Caleb1 be revived!