Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Singapore Sling

Last night I arrived safe and sound in the Land of Merlion! So much has changed, and I'd better not write any political statements here, otherwise I may get banned from entering this country. I graduated from St Joseph's Institution in 1994, and Catholic Junior College in 1996, before moving on to Brisbane. And I still visit this country a few times per year.

Before coming to Singapore, I had a desire to take photos of every single food that I eat. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak. Before I realise it, the food is already teleported into my bottomless pit. I had Nasi Lemak and Curry Puffs (potatoes and rendang) for brekky. Then I went for a casual business meeting, and ventured into Northpoint Shopping Centre at Yio Chu Kang for Teppanyaki with my ex - church friend, Zeslyn. This unit leader at City Harvest is due to get married on 30th September, so those who intend to get invited, please voice out your interest as soon as possible.


At the spur of the moment, she sold me out to Jean Yip, and transformed my hairstyle. I think they literally used a mini lawnmower, cos now my hair looks like grass. Spiky and short. At least it's still black. As a consolation (just kidding, actually I look better, not so 'uncle' anymore), she treated me to Kue Lopis with palm sugar dip from Cold Storage, and silken barley drink from Ya Kun toast. I thought I had a fruitful day already, but someone else proved me wrong. The best was yet to come!

I had the chance to meet up with sister Rae Hong. She happened to be in Singapore, and we had such a great dinner that I forgot to take a picture of it. Curious? Go to Food Republic at Wisma, and get Fried Prawn Noodles from Thye Hong. The oyster omelette is irresistable too. We had supper at Breeks@Taka , and I ordered brownies with cheese topping. Remember to ask for mild cheese, cos the original one is yucky with brownies. Too strong! We had such a good time sharing Gospel and Gossips, but we had to call it a night. A good night.

No comments: