Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Apostolic Businessman

In 2003, God called me to be an apostolic businesssman. He gave me the calling to use businesses as a way to help missionaries gain access to other countries and fund their mission and church planting work. Some businesses will be used to fund community work, such as orphanage, senior homes, community centres and hospitals.

In the past few weeks, God has refreshed this vision. I visited a language school at Sri Sa Ket, set up by a foundation to finance orphanages in Thailand. In the last few weeks, I've read a book about the efficiency of financing native missionaries. Today I visited a businessmen care group near my hotel. Some members own a business, some are managers, some have business background, but may be serving in church or at home full time. They told me about their regular activities. Now the pieces are starting to make sense.

By the way, I had some inside information that if your church wants to be effective in Vietnam, you can consider having a native english speaking pastor. They will love you.

Another central theme for today: The end of the world is very near. You don't only learn about this from movies, but also from the signs of the end times. Many pastors are confident of reaching every nation by 2050, and even 2015. I hope that you will catch the urgency of the hour.

No comments: