Friday, May 11, 2007

Beach Thing

I didn't think I would ever end up in Bang Poo. What's that? Well, that's a place outside Bangkok. There's a beach, more like a swamp, and there's a restaurant on it. We had superyummilicious seafood, courtesy of brother Nui and his family.

I'm even more touched by the story behind the scene. 17 years ago, there was a boy and a girl who dated in this romantic place. Then they got married. Fast forward to present day. They have 2 daughters, and they never brought them to this place. But Nui and his wife Su happened to sit beside me during Thai Camp, and they just wanted to bless me because they just wanted to. So they chose this place, which they already forgot for a long time. They were not even sure if the place still existed. All they remembered was that seafood restaurant on the beach that would bless me.

Of course, today the place has changed a lot. From the traffic jam caused by the industrial growth on the way there, to the site itself. The original building was demolished, maybe by a mini tsunami. I think they must be affected by global warming, because there's a large flat surface that looks like wet sand. We couldn't go down to the sea.

We still enjoyed sharing our lives throughout the trip. I love the scenery, and seeing so many crabs running around on the sand like Tuk-Tuk.

Today I made another discovery: there's a fruit in Indonesia called duku, it's round, yellow, and the meat is white and sweet. In Thailand, there's a similar variant, but the meat is sour! So amazing, God is so clever :)

No comments: