Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Holiday in Disguise

In the past 2 days, I've been out sightseeing, shopping, and eating. There's not much to elaborate, nothing too exciting about going to temples, grand palace, boat museum, scattered markets, chinatown, and a few restaurants such as MK Restaurant. I've had yet another REAL Thai massage. The technique is a bit different in every place. Yesterday I visited the prayer meeting for working group, tomorrow I'll visit a care group.

I have taken every type of transportation available in Bangkok, and possibly in Thailand. Boat, land transport (Tuk-tuk, bus, underground train, sky train, ute, sedan), and domestic flight. There is a common attribute in all the transport systems: they seem to be very effective. Somewhat efficient. They are willing to trade the law to complete the job.

I've made a few friends at the HoStel. They are very interesting people, mostly angmoh. And I've been attracting more insect bites.

This trip to Thailand is very meaningful. There's a lot of things that I have to digest when I get back to Melbourne. God is faithful, He will provide everything that I need.

No comments: