Monday, May 28, 2007

Connect Day 27

Matthew 7:7-12

Timeless Principles
We learn here about the principles of give and take. If we want/need something, ask. If someone wants/needs, give.


Exposition
Jesus promised us that God will answer our prayers. Nothing is too difficult for God (Jer 32:17). I believe there is an assumption, that what we ask for is good for us (James1:17).
v12 highlights the value of giving. In Acts 20:35, Paul showed that it is more blessed to give than to receive.


Discipleship
I've been asking God to reveal His plans for my life. I know that everything that happens are in God's control. He has a great plan for me, and He will provide my needs because I know Him.
Recently I've been asking God about the 40 Days of Purpose campaign that will start in about 3 months. I'm believing for a group that will grow to 12 people by the end of the campaign. There's a lot of uncertainties, but I know that God will lead the way.
There are other issues that I ask God as well. I know that God really answers, for example, I asked God to help me get honours in my engineering degree, and God did exactly that.


Devotion
Many times I can identify myself with Elijah in 1 Kings 19. I have excelled (getting distinction) in online tests that measured how suicidal or depressed I was supposed to be, and at that time I was very happy to know that there was still something that I could excel in. Yet during these times, I have no one else to turn to but God. It's really comforting to know that God is in control (psalms 23, 139), and I learn to trust God in even more difficult situations (Pro3:5-6).


Applications
I need to persevere in prayer. I believe that God's timing is perfect (Rom12:1-2). At the moment I'm literally counting days to see God moving in my situations.


Spiritual Experience
Last month I went shopping at Coles with my sister and brother in law. In a moment of pure serendipity, we discovered a coupon that said that we could get 4x free soy milk and 4x free ice creams per household. The only catch is that I have to pay for them first, then submit an entry to redeem the money (which is a little bit more than what I paid for). I took up the challenge. After waiting for a few weeks, I finally got the refund in the mail. The moral of the story is: if I can trust this coupon from a company that I've never visited before, I can trust my God whom I know has been faithful to me, AMEN :D

No comments: