Sunday, May 6, 2007

Back to Bangkok

This morning we had 2 services at Hope of Ubon Church. The kids loved me so much, they didn't wanna let me go. I had a chance to share with the worship team as well. They have a 17 yrs old music genius, a cat playing drums, and good leadership. They are good discipler of worship teams in daughter churches too. Tonight they are going to the church at Surin to teach them how to play instruments.

Hope Ubon really left a big fingerprint in my heart. They are so loving, this mission trip feels like holiday for a king. I hope that they are blessed too. They gave me a sash that looks like Laos design and many uncountable blessings. I survived with lots of insect bite marks on my hands. I sat at the back of a ute a few times, and Ubon drivers are not the most law abiding. But it's well worth it. If I stay for another 2 weeks, I may end up staying forever. I already felt like at home. It was so easy to assimilate to the church.

Took a flight with Air Asia to Bangkok. I dunno why, the pilot doesn't know how to land properly. Felt nauseous. I've taken dozens of flights, this one ranks as one of the worst.

But the suffering ends there. I was greeted by 2 lovely angels who took me out for dinner and sent me to a hotel with capital S, a.k.a. hoStel. Yeah, no glamour in that. But it's better than my previous nights. I got cheaper rates because Hope Bangkok blessed me. I share the room with 7 others, but they have lockers, laundry, and unlimited internet. They have shared cold shower bathroom and toilet. The sign says Gents, but girls went in there too.

Tomorrrow's forecast: Grand Palace :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Minghan!

yeah.. I've taken time to visit n go through your blog! Knowing that it's a new blog of yours, well.. it sure is a good start for your blog! Especially talking about all your trips and experiences...
It's really nice and cool reading ya posts..
Sounds like the thai camp, and mission trips refreshed you! It's indeed great to learn more and be part of doing God's work!
haaha.. I really thank God to have met you in the Thai Camp! It was a really interesting way in meeting you..
yeah.. shall keep in touch with you! Looking forward to hear more great experiences and stories from you! (:

Take care!
Joy