Saturday, May 12, 2007

Weekend Market

I arrived at Kamphaeng Phet MRT station at 3pm, and I couldn't believe my eyes! Chatuchak market is huge, probably the largest market that I've ever been to. Victoria market fades in comparison. I can't stress enough how big this place is - you'd be better off doing a quick search on google.

What I found interesting:
Puppies of exotic breeds for 1400 baht each. A little boy around 4 years old playing traditional musical instrument. Another boy playing musical instrument like bass guitar, but only 3 strings. A teenager playing rock music through a speaker, and pretending to play an electric guitar made of styrofoam. A young girl dancing like Britney Spears. A guy juggling soccer ball in all sorts of positions (raising funds to go to Europe for a competition). Hello kitty ice cream stall (the ice cream girls were wearing hello kitty ears). A guy dressed up as a high school girl, thick white make up, and singing weird songs. Lots of offensive/aggresive T-shirts. Plants and pots, and matching decorations. Beautiful celebrity selling clothes and collecting donations for AIDS victims (the patrons were more interested in taking her pictures than buying from her). Lots of jewelleries, antiques, local delicacies, clothes, home decor, books, toys, mobile phone pouch and accesories, car accesories, Thai ornaments, silk clothes, and many more that I can't explain with words or simply/intentionally forgot (I'm exhausting my vocabulary now).

I've tried feasting at Fuji Restaurant and Zen, so tonight I concluded my Japanese feastathon with buffet at Kuroda. We had countless rounds of fresh salmon sashimi, and I know that many of you are jealous already by now, so I'll just finish by saying that my friends couldn't finish their desserts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MH,

mm..sorry bit late for the comment..hihihi, today, just read all yr stories...wonderful, hang..if i'm not wrong..which is right, ya..:p...yr stories always close with food...v. nice dinner..or delicious food..yummy..*dooh...ngabibita a.k.a....bikin envy nih, hang*.....hehehe...*kidding,hang...start and end up day by day v. nice..

Honestly,so many experinces that i can't imagine how worth it is & reading yr post journal, it's really fun, actually feel blessed.....*yang bacanya aja seneng apalagi yang ngejalanin yah..hehe....

It's inspiring me to do more and more and more for Him..forever, and using all we have for Him yah..even thru our carreer.....as you already mentioned that His coming back for the 2nd time is near...soon....we don't know when..but when the time is coming, we should be found ready ..:)

It's so lucky that you could take part in that mission trip..mmm..not every ppl has a chance like you did, hang...:)..yes..Jesus Christ has blessed you so much..:)...and I do believe that you are a blessing for ppl around you, i'm so proud & feel blessed to have a cil & friend like you....cuit cuit..hehe..

keep serving Him till the end, Gbu and can't wait to read yr today's jornal...:p

Ps: hang, today's a mother's day...remember yr mum & grandma, ok...and btw, *tiba2 keingetan*, about s'pore..have you tried manggo ice at xin wang cafe..es kacang mah lewat , hang..i guess so..hehehe..it's so yummy :))

EA

Adventureland said...

Yes, you could seriously get lost in those markets. I was 16 when I first ventured there and boy, I freaked out when I got separated from the group, LOL.

I loved the photo albums at Chatuchak, they're beautiful, I managed to get them back to Oz, the customs officers didn't seem to mind them too much which was a blessing.

Nice blog =)

Gloria